Hiiii stickerbaby ‘s!!!
I have had a couple stickerbaby’ s ask me what they can give themselves stickers for, and one stickerbaby asked me if I would post a few more examples of what I give myself stickers for. Absolutely!
I give myself MORE stickers on somedays than I do others because somedays are HARDER and I am presented with more STICKER OPPORTUNITIES! (Difficult moments… where I get the opportunity to make a CONSCIOUS decision that will lead me one step CLOSER to my goal!)
Today feels like an EXTREME MONDAY. Our 5 kids go to school in 2 different school districts. I didn’t realize until YESTERDAY that 3 of our kids went back to school TODAY!
Feeling like I need a vacation from my vacation, this morning was ROUGH… and THIS BEHAVIORAL STICKER SYSTEM pulled me through.
Think of these STICKERS as DANGLING CARROTS getting you to your REWARDS.
Think of your REWARDS as DANGLING CARROTS getting you to your GOAL!!!
My ultimate weight goal is SO FAR OFF I am not motivated on a DAILY BASIS to work for it. I WANT IT! But APPARENTLY not enough to make me BEHAVE my way to it!
Imagine telling a horse in Kentucky “There is a carrot for you in West Virginia.” TOO FAR AWAY! That horse is not going to get excited and hop up and MOVE. This system puts a dangling carrot RIGHT in front of our noses! A STICKER!
We are motivated by REWARDS and we can give those TO OURSELVES!!! (And the truth is we all are… that’s why we go to work… for the REWARD of that paycheck! We DO THINGS FOR THINGS!)
So what can we give ourselves Stickers for?
LITERALLY ANY BEHAVIOR you want to reinforce!! KEEPING IN MIND not every behavior NEEDS reinforcement! I give myself stickers for A LOT of things… but NOT EVERYTHING! I do not give myself a sticker every time I put my contacts in. I ALREADY HAVE THE MOTIVATION TO DO THAT! The reward is VISION!
And here’s something AMAZING! I have already noticed that behaviors that I WAS giving myself stickers for weeks ago have BECOME AUTOMATIC!!! NO LONGER NEEDING STICKER REINFORCEMENT!!
Also… FEEL FREEEEE to WORK FOR A STICKER!!! USE YOUR STICKERS to CHANGE your behavior!!! Give yourself a sticker for anything that you DID BECAUSE YOU WANTED THAT STICKER!!!
Like I said, I used THIS SYSTEM to pull me through a rough morning. There are ABSOLUTELY times where I fight feeling overwhelmed!!!
Check out these examples of how I used “Sticker To It” to change the trajectory of my TODAY…
– did the dishes (I could have chosen not to but I CHOSE to earn a STICKER!)
– with a clean sink I looked over at the pile of disgusting pots and pans and decided to tackle them, too!
– Got going on my Gallon a Day (#supersixgallonaday for my water drinking system
– super healthy 3 Point breakfast
– directed someone to someone instead of just “doing the work myself”
– put my phone down while eating
– completed my SIMPLE morning routine!
– bit my tongue and changed my attitude when I didn’t feel like someone was appreciative enough of what I had done. Lol (Seriously… THAT was worth a sticker.)
– chose cute calendar for my 2019 weight loss even though the “1” in the 2019 gets on my nerves. Lol. (anti perfectionistic behavior! Woo-hoo!! And honestly now every time I see that “1” I think about how I earned a sticker!)
– 0 Point apple for snack
– folded a load straight out of the dryer and PUT IT AWAY
– folded ANOTHER load straight out of the dryer and PUT IT AWAY!
– stayed calm while my kids SCREAMED
– filled and started the dishwasher EVEN WHEN there would STILL be dirty dishes left in the sink (anti perfectionistic behavior!)
I’m starting to see a pattern. I am rewarding myself for a lot of FOLLOWING THROUGH behaviors and a lot of ANTI PERFECTIONISTIC behaviors (fighting the “all or none” mentality).
When Baby #5 was newborn taking care of my family was like triage. Who’s bleeding? Who’s poopy? Who’s REALLY crying? I would go from blood to poop to tears… and by the grace of God we ALSO ate and bathed. Back then I probably COULDN’T follow through on a lot of things. But I don’t want to let old habits that were necessary AT THE TIME keep me from moving FORWARD now!